27 Jul 2012

Haulin' Time

It's been quite a while since I've blogged about my recent purchases, so I thought I would do a quick post and show you dolls what I've bought over the last couple of weeks. I've been very lucky lately as I've found so many deals whilst shopping, that I have ntot been able to resist from buying!



The two most recent purchases in this haul are two Revlon nail polishes. When I was casually browsing through Target before work, I saw that Revlon was having a buy one get one free deal on their nail polishes and lip products. I decided to opt for nail polishes instead of lipsticks as I have too many lip products at home that I could never ever get through. The two nail polishes I purchased were 320 Ocean Breeze and 441 Radiant. Although Ocean Breeze doesn't look like it in the photo, but it's actually a lovely blue/green/aqua shade - definitely a beautiful colour and I can't wait to wear it on my nails!


 (320 Ocean Breeze & 441 Radiant)

The next item I purchased was Physicians Formula's Happy Booster blush in Rose. I heard a fair few good things about this blush from watching MissGlamorazzi or Ingrid youtube videos, so I had to give it a try. The packaging and design of the blush is adorable! I love that it consists of different sized and coloured hearts.



The blush also comes with a mini brush which is stored underneath the blush itself. I think that by adding in the extra brush makes it extremely convenient for travelling. The brush is also extremely cute! The bristles are two toned which complement the actual blush packaging and the blush shade itself. 



 When swatching each different heart, I noticed that the blush is extremely soft. When using all the colours, I found that the colour is lovely soft pink that gives the cheeks a lovely soft healthy glow. This blush definitely has a lovely mix of different shades of pink to suit any skin type and can easily be bulildable depending on how noticeable you want your blush to be. 


 (each individual colour of the hearts)


So, as the name of the blush insinuates - Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush is described as being "infused with a Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress". This is caused by the blush having a lovely scent of violet and therefore providing the user with joy with each use. I did notice a lovely subtle scent when opening the blush and was quite impressed with the smell, so I guess it's that's kind of a mood booster right? 


 (All colours swatched together)

Next, I purchased a few of the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman on iHerb. I purchased The Core Collection, The Starter Set and a blush brush so I can expand my collection of Real Techniques brushes. I haven't been able to try out the brushes yet, but I have felt the bristles and they are amazingly soft! I kind of don't want to use them as it's so, so, so soft haha! I only had one brush by Real Techniques that is the Stippling brush which I quite like so I decided to try out the other brushes as well. The Core Collection features 4 full-sized brushes plus a 2-in-1 case/stand. The four brushes are a detailer (concealer) brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and contour brush. 



The Starter Set also comes in a panoramic brush case and contains 5 full-sized brushes. The brushes are a base shadow brush, deluxe crease brush, accent brush, pixel-point brush and brow brush. All brushes from Real Techniques are said to be "ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free" which is fantastic. I purchased both the sets and the blush brush for less than $45 AUD, which I think is such a bargain considering if I purchased them from Priceline I would have paid approx $98AUD. That's double the price!! So I'm extremely glad I had a good look around before purchasing them. 



I also went shopping with my boyfriend recently and I stumbled into Cosmetics Fragrance Direct which is an amazing discount store that supplies various men's and women's fragrances, cosmetics, skincare, nail polish etc. You can definitely find great products in store, so if you're from Australia you should definitely check them out! 


(Natio's Pressed Powder in Soft Beige)

I picked up the next four things from CFD, first off I purchased Natio's Pressed Powder in Soft Beige. I already have this powder and it is one of my favourites so I quite happy with this purchase. Also, all Natio's products that were available were half price, so I definitely could not resist!



Next, I decided to buy a few Burt's Bees products as I haven't tried any of their products before. I got this little Burt's Bee package for less than half price and I can't wait to try them out! The pack contains a body wash, body lotion, lip balm and hand cream - definitely a steal!


(Your Hut Or Mine, Fair Game, Lion Game & Da Bush)

And lastly, the next two products are both from Essie!! Finally Essie is being sold in Australia and I'm extremely excited! I have been lusting over Essie nail polishes for the longest time and now I can finally buy them. Unfortunately, the full sized bottles are retailing around $18-20 in department stores, so it's definitely not cheap at all. Luckily enough though, I was able to grab two mini collections from Essie for $5 each! The first collection I picked up was the Essie Resort Collection that includes Fair Game, Your Hut Or Mine, Lion Around & Da Bush.


(Super Bossa Nova, Meet Me At Sunset, Smooth Sailing & Braziliant)

And the other collection I purchased was the Essie Summer collection, which features bright, fun, summer nail polishes! The colours which come in the mini set include: Braziliant, Smooth Sailing, Super Bossa Nova & Meet Me At Sunset. I'm extremely happy with my purchases from the last couple weeks and I will be definitely putting more in-depth reviews up as soon as I can. I'm also heading to Fiji in a couple of days, so definitely picking more products for reviews and I may do a post about "what's in my travel bag" or what not. Let me know what you think! 

xo

36 comments :

  1. I have the Real Techniques brushes! Love 'em! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the real technique brushes a month ago... they're to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH i love those real techniques brushes. what a great selection you have! i have to agree, online shopping can be tricky. ive had my share of regrets on the topic! but sometimes im lazy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul hun. I have been wanting to try the happy blush out for the longest time. The brushes look amazing.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aah these all products looks amazing! and those essie nailpolishes are awesomeeee :)

    http://paintedheels.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely have to try real techniques... I have to. xx

    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have ESSIE here now!? Ahhh!!!
    And great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. let me know how you go with those essie polishes. I also purchased one of their fall mini collections but i find them to chip pretty easily :(

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Haul, I love Burt's bees, I want to try that set. Hope you can do a review on them :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I really want to try a Physician's Formula blush when my makeup ban is over. :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh shieeeet what an awesome haul! haha ;D I don't like the Burt's Bees lotion (they changed their formula, the original was awesome) but love pretty much everything else! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just picked up a Real Techniques brush set too! I love them so far, they are so soft xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing haul! :) I'm so tempted to buy all of the Real Techniques brushes after hearing about/seeing them online everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg mini essies??
    could you tell me where you picked up the mini sets from? id love to grab my hands around some hehe
    the real technique brushes are sooo soft! i went to priceline just to feel them xD
    lovely blog; i followed <3

    thethoughtsbasket.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I really want to try out the Real Techniques brushes! Would you recommend them? Are they comparable to Mac brushes or Sigma? I'm going to follow your blog as I love it, Maybe you could follow back? Love from Ireland :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the nail polish colors :) they look so fun for summer. the powder looks like a nice shade!

    keep in touch :)
    -Joyce

    Do you like beauty products?
    We're holding a giveaway @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The real techniques brushes are of good quality and cheap.
    I have the stippling brush and powder brush, and they are stiff to apply and soft enough to blend. love them!


    I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via both Goggle + and blog lovin'. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your post, need some new brushes, will try from Real Techniques.

    http://dusana-attracthappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice haul and very cute blog :)

    HEYLJ

    Follow Me?

    http://www.heylj.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely haul! I so want the RT starter kits, except I will have to wait until after my no-buy but I'm glad we can get them so cheap on iherb. you've chosen some great nail polishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You got so many amazing things! I need to buy those brushes as well.

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  23. I;m thinking of getting the real technique brushes.. would be great to see how they compare to my other brushes I have. Awesome nail polish haul!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AHHH i really wanna try those RealTecniques brushes, look fab! xx

    Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Burts Bees products!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great haul. I love the brushes! xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really really really really want to try real technique brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just got the physcians formula blush! I am so in love ^^ Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really want to try the real techniques brushes

    www.golden-statement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous brushes,i`d love to try them...
    Kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, this is a fab haul!!! I love that blusher, it's so pretty. I'd love to try out the real techniques brushes :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to try the brushes ;) We dont have it here in Portugal :(

    ReplyDelete
  33. RT brushes are awesome! The Stippling brush and Core collection were the first ones I purchased and since then I added almost every RT brush to my collection. I also ordered from iherb.com. I strongly recommend ordering from them (very fast & reliable, the packaging is the best one I saw to this date). If you're ordering for the first time, feel free to use this code to get $5 - $10 off (depending on the total): CZP319.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have so much i want here lol i have the core collection but want the others and hopefully will be geting the happy booster from a US friend soon\!

    ReplyDelete
  35. RT brushes , luv luv luvvvv....................

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!