18 Jun 2012

Review: Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation

After hearing so much hype and so many rave reviews on Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation, I decided to give it a go and try it out for myself. I was a little bit skeptical as I don't really use any drugstore foundations (I tend to mostly use my MAC and Make Up ForEver foundations instead) assuming that the quality will not be as good as higher end products. However, to my surprise the Wake Me Up foundation did not disappoint!


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 200 Soft Beige


Packaging: I find that the packaging is quite lovely, I love that it has a bright orange lid and is moulded in an unique shape. Also, the bottle is glass so it doesn't feel 'cheap', like a few other drugstore foundations. This foundation has a pump dispenser, which is very convenient and extremely sanitary as you're not pouring tons of product out of the bottle!

Formulation: Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation claims to provide an "Anti-fatigue effect + radiant glow" to your skin and to help "visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural looking finish". I'm glad to say that this foundation does not lie, it actually gives your skin a very flattering glow. I found that in the sunlight, my skin was highlighted in all the right areas and just made my face look brighter and more luminous. I found that the texture of the foundation was very smooth and did not leave my skin feeling or looking cakey after application and does feel light on the skin. I noticed that there are also extremely subtle shimmers included, which add to the effect of the 'radiant flow'. 



I consider this foundation to be medium coverage, but can easily be buildable if you want to conceal any blemishes or uneven skin. It did last quite a long time on my skin, even after a busy at work it was still there when I got home. The only problem I do have with this foundation is that because it makes the skin beautifully luminous and has a dewy effect, it can make your skin look quite oily. My nose and chin can get quite oily at times, so it's important to keep some powder in your bag just for those little touch ups! 

I surprisingly really like this foundation and will definitely be repurchasing it once I finish this bottle. I recommend those of you who haven't tried this foundation before to give it go, you'll be surprised how great it is. However, if you do tend to have an oiler completion or you like to have a matte face, then this isn't the foundation for you. I purchased this foundation at Priceline for about AUD$16 on special, it usually retails for about $19-20? Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation can also be found at another chemists or department stores. Please let me know your opinions on the foundation! Did you like it, or hate it? 



xo 

31 comments :

  1. Hi, I love the review, wondering if this is a little cakey on the skin or not? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this one has a pump. I've heard a lot about it and think I want to give it a go. I guess it doesn't dry matte though beings it got a little shiny? I have oily skin. but great review !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing will check this foundation out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've heard sooo many reviews about this foundation. I should really try it out!! Much love xxx

    http://susnahineandrainfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to try this, but I keep putting it off and I don't know why. I'm too infatuated with my NARS Tinted Moisturiser to move on I think!

    Zoe xx
    http://toujourszweee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try this but Rimmel don't go pale enough for me :( x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really really really want to try this out

    www.fiveandaheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review! It was very helpful.
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i worry about looking 'moustachy' with this foundation, my friend came round once it had gathered all around her mouth! but i think she may have a tendancy to apply too much
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try this out for a while now, but I'm just not sure about the possibility of a shiny t-zone as I'm rubbish at trying a powder around with me. Maybe i'll use up some of my current foundations before I give this any more thought.

    -Alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh perhaps I will try this once I'm done with my current foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really rubbish with foundations- need to try a few new ones! I have been put off Rimmel though as they had a mousse one that was just plain awful!

    www.sw-fashion.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. The packaging looks impressive !

    ReplyDelete
  14. i fret to depart from my good old Mac but you have a great review here .. might have to go and have a mooch in boots tomoro .. thanks for visiting my blog . hope u will come againx

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely review, i adore this foundation as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i haven't tried this one but i have tried the colour perfect one. i don't tend to use foundation so i don't like to splash out but i find it to be good quality for the price!


    raspberrykitsch.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven't tried it yet, but great review!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. great review! it has a pump thats a plus :)
    btw i just followed u ;)i hope u dont mind following back :D

    ~aiMee/aMz, http://amz88.blogspot.com/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I really want to try it now <3
    Thanks for visiting my blog, following you now hun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ADORE wake me up foundation, it gives you such a lovely healthy glow! great review darling! :)

    x

    kaatymacdonald.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Great blog! I don't own this foundation, but I've tried it and I really like the finish and it's awesome coverage too! :)

    Jess xo
    http://lovelyjubblyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't tried it out but definitely want to, I keep hearing such good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohh wow seems like a promising product! :) But i'm oily, so this one's not for me..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you! ♥ You have a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really need to try this foundation as I've heard so many fabulous things about it.

    Beautiful blog <3

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, I saw this in the shops a little while ago but hadn't heard about it. Now I want it, it has everything I like in a foundation! lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do love this foundation, and it makes me so sad that it made me break out. I wish I could wear it :( Possibly the best high street foundation i've used. Minus breaking out ><
    x

    http://www.beautypython.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a thorough foundation review...when it comes to foundation...all the details must be discussed!

    Looking forward to other posts...

    From your newest follower : )

    --The Beauty Professor

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been debating whether to buy this foundation for ages or whether to just stick to my current one. You've just answered all my questions and now I really want to give it a go. My skin can become quite dry at times so I think this could be a perfect foundation for me.
    Thank you for sharing! Extremely helpful xo

    http://mademoisellecharlotteanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seen so many good reviews of this stuff :) x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!