4 Jun 2012

Bargain Buys and NOTD!

I've recently purchased a few Ulta3 nail polishes and Eco Tools brushes. I'm so excited because I love both of these products as they really are amazing for the price!



So the other day when I was in the chemist buying some cold&flu medicine where I saw that they were selling Ulta3 nail polish for 3 for $5! These nail polishes are usually pretty cheap anyway, but I couldn't pass up the chance of grabbing a few colours especially when I saw the glitters ones! I ended up choosing a clear polish to see if it would be good to use as a 'top coat', a light pink, a dark grape-ish purple, red glitter, blue glitter and a mixed glitter shade. Yay, 6 nail polishes for $10!!

 Clear, Pink Supreme & Pearly Grape
 Red Glitter, Blue Glitter & Confetti

These nail polishes are great for value! The consistency is amazing and there is a massive choice in shades. You only have to use two coats and they do last quite a long time, unlike other inexpensive nail polishes which chip like crazy. I definitely think they're a great alternative to high end nail products, especially if you're not willing to fork out $20+ for OPI, $17 for Sally Hansen or $14 for Revlon. I have to admit though I was a little disappointed in the glitter shades as I was expecting it to be extremely glittery instead it only adds a nice subtle glitter. Having said that it looks amazing on top of other nail polishes, just not as eye-catching when used by itself. I definitely recommended you to check out these nail polishes if you haven't already, if you're from Australia they should be available at various chemists outlets or Big W etc!


I also ended up painting my nails with pearly grape and adding the confetti polish on both of my ring fingers. You can't tell from this photo, but this colour is gorgeous in the light and it's extremely glossy which I love.

Along with the nail polishes, I purchased travel sized EcoTools brushes a couple of weeks ago on Ebay for about $5.50. I have heard so many raves about these products, and they didn't disappoint! They're so soft and fluffy and it just feels amazing on the skin! They also look adorable as they're so small, so it would definitely be great for travelling when you're tight on space.


The brushes that came in the pack included a powder brush, a concealer brush, eye shading brush and a baby kabuki brush. It also comes with a little hemp cosmetics bag for the brushes. I still can't get over how adorable they look haha!


Have any of you lovlies tried Ulta3 nail polishes or the EcoTools brushes before? If you have let me know what you think about them! On a side note, I would like to thank all my lovely followers for sticking by me! I'm still pretty new to the blogging world as I just started a little over a month ago, so I'm extremely glad people are actually reading my posts haha! So to show my gratitude I will be doing a special giveaway really really soon, so keep an eye out so all of you can enter! Until next time xo

42 comments :

  1. Awesome buys :) I only bought one bottle of Ulta3 last time I saw them (clear pink as a top coat for when I do French nails), I wish I bought more now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the ecotools brushes for the longest time since everyone seems to be raving about them! unfortunately they are quite expensive in stores :(
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on ebay, it's so so so cheap on there!

      Delete
  3. The design of the ecotool brushes are totally different from the ones in the UK. I haven't seen any Ulta3 nail polishes in the UK :( Keep up the hard work, your blog is amazing :)

    please check out my blog too :)

    sunshineandrainfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! and yes, I'll definitely follow you if you'd like to follow me back! I like your blog, I'm completely obsessed with make-up too! :)

    mylifeinlavender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colors !! Love the sparkly one the most !!

    Love,

    Jen
    http://the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the grape nail color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Let me know if you want us to follow each other! Just leave a comment if you followed me already so I can follow you back right away! x

    Keep in touch!

    -Eva
    www.creativecapricebyeva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried that nail polish brand (not sure if they have it in the states?), but I adore Ecotools! They're one of my favorite brands of brushes. (;

    xoxo


    http://purelyenvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice!
    visit my blog
    http://www.armocromia.com/2012/06/dolce-gabbana-ss-2012-make-up-lace.html

    Miss

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to try these brushes. :D Thank you for dropping by my blog. Sure, let's follow each other. I followed you dear. Hope you'll follow back.

    http://wabbit-bunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great products :)I love the glitter nail polish!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha.marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I'm now a follower :)
    The brushes looks really lovely and have heard such good things about them. Must see if I can find them somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou for commenting on my blog! really appreciate it :) Love your blog and you're going to have a new follower :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, yes! :D I love your blog, I'm following you right now! thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg i'm a nail fanatic too! these colors look great =) followed u by the way! :D

    xoxo <3
    http://miss-6.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay I've tried the eco tools! I really liked them!! Great blog by the way. Come by and let's follow each other! Stay in touch ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing blog and now I am following you. Do not forget to check out my blog if you have a second.

    Smile On:)...Classy Pam

    http://classypam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dawn, i'm join your site now, please become one of my members :)
    thank you
    Misspeony
    http://www.armocromia.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the ecotools brushes! They're so soft!

    XX,
    Jess

    jessnothinless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh i love eco tools. cruelty free, too ;)


    http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the kind comment. :) Following!

    -♡ Valerie Angel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors!

    & thanks for your commment. I'm following you now. Hope you liked my blog and follow me back too :)

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great blog!

    yes, love, I would lie to follow. Starting first and waiting u back when u have time!

    Lots of hugs,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute blog :) Thanks for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those nailpolishes. The colors are amazing! You have a great blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh dear I love that blue glitter hehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a good deal! It's so hard to resist when you can get so much for so little money!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love eco tools!
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous nail polishes, I love the colours you chose & a great bargain too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for the comment. yes i have been following you for a while now. hope you follow back xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Omg. Im in desperate need of some new makeup brushes and not a great fan of splashing out on bits and bobs like this, but at that bargain price I think I may have to! thanks for a great post and the comment on my blog :)

    withkittyinmind.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow so glad i cam across your blog :) would love it if you could have a look at mine :) found you through zoella

    ive followed :)
    www.fallinglashes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. The brushes looks good and high quality might have to get the set for myself too ^_^

    http://shuikaybb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've always wanted to test ecotools brushes out but never picked them up. Your post caught me eye :)
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. big fan of your brushes ,
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks very much for your sweet comment,if you get a sec, could you check out my new post about a shoot I styled!

    count me as your new follower,

    Eimear xx

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love ecotools! How do you like the kabuki brush? I really wanna get one! Hope to see a review soon! ;D & glad to have found our blogs hun!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those brushes look so nice and fluffy - even on picture! Do you maybe still know which seller you got it from? (: xx

    ravesndramblings.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!