4 May 2012

Revlon Lip Butters: Review

I know all of you have already heard tons of reviews and what not about the revlon lip butters, but I just thought I would do a little review of my own, since I haven't reviewed them yet. So I only have two Lip Butters so far, only because they were only recently released in Australia, and every time I want to purchase more colours, all the one I want are sold out! :( And now that I'm saving I don't think I will be buying more until after Fiji!! (Let's be honest here, I'd spend my last $5 on make-up and not food haha, guess I'll be starving for the next 80 days if I want to spend money on makeup.)

So the two colours I bought are Candy Apple & Creme Brûlée.

 (L)Candy Apple & (R) Creme Brûlée

Red & Nude shades

Starting with the packaging, I LOVE IT! I think they're super cute while still looking quite sophisticated because of the quilted pattern on the sides. I also quite like how the top of the cap is clear, so you can see what the colour is through the top, therefore making it quick & easy to grab. 

I do find the two colours I have to be quite pigmented which is amazing considering the hydrating gel/balm like formula. I think these colours are quite easy to wear, because they are so hydrating you don't find yourself with having chapped lips afterwards, like a few lipsticks I've tried! I would say that you would need to reapply after 2-3 hours of wear, which I don't find annoying at all, it really just feels like reapplying some lip balm!

The only negative thing I can say about the lip butters is that the packaging can get a little messy after using them a couple of times. Only because the lip butters are so soft that it tends to squish. But other than that, I highly recommend the lip butters! And I can't wait to get my hands on some more colours! I bought both of mine at Priceline when they were having a 'buy 1 get 1 free' deal. Normally their retail price is AU$21.95 I believe. (Which is think is ridiculous when compared to the US ($7) and UK ($6) prices!)

Hope you all have an amazing day! xo

2 comments :

  1. yesss australia has the most ridiculous prices :(

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend that you try peach parfait! I think my skintone is similar to yours so I think it would look great on you! I'm a new follower! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!