20 May 2012

Review: Silk Oil of Morocco Lip Gloss

So as you all know I received a Silk Oil of Morocco lip gloss in my BellaBox a couple of days ago. I haven't heard of this brand before, so I was interested to see if this would be a good product or not. 

 Silk Oil of Morocco - Moroccan Ruby

Starting off with the packaging, it looks beautiful! The lip gloss looks very sophisticated, I like the gold contrasting with the black, I find the design to be very classy. The tube is slightly bigger than your average sized lip gloss, but not overly big that you will have a hard time fitting it into your make up bag. 

(L) One layer (R) Five layers

Next, the opacity of the lip product was little disappointing. The colour initially looks like a beautiful pinkish red colour, but unfortunately when applied to the lips there's only a slight tint. Although in saying this, the gloss is claimed to look it's best over a lipstick of lip liner, but I prefer just wearing lip glosses on an average day. The swatches above show the difference in colour of one layer of the gloss and five layers, yep that's right FIVE! The only good thing about this gloss is that it does last a good two hours and isn't very sticky on the lips. So you don't get your hair stuck on your lips when you're out and about!

Two layers

Finally, the lip gloss is also said to have a subtle peppermint scent, and can I just say this scent is not subtle at all. I find the smell very strong and a little bit nauseating as the smell does linger throughout the duration of wearing it. The scent reminds me of peppermint toothpaste, which does sound a little off putting, but hey some people are going to love this smell! The retail price for lip gloss is $29.95, which I think is ridiculous for a brand that I've never even heard of. But that's just my opinion. Ultimately, I would use this lip gloss, but would not purchase it after finishing this tube. Maybe it will grow on me, but for now it's nothing special. Please let me know if any of you loves have tried this lip gloss before or would you ever like to try it!

xo

9 comments :

  1. $30 for a random brand is frightful! I'd rather get Chanel or some other counter brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes High street brands are soo much better, It's such a disappointment that it's worth like nearly £30 and is nothing special. Thanks for the review :) Please check out mine sometimes :) xx

    http://sunshineandrainfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment on our blog! Love yours too. Just followed you on GFC!
    x, micol

    http://www.themarcystop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh £30 is a lot of money for a non-high-end gloss! Especially if it lacks the wow factor.
    Followed you love :)

    http://kirstysparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, thank you for the comment you left on my blog.
    I would love to follow each other, I am following you now! :)
    You have great blog!
    Pretty Little Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) I remember you from tumblr from like wayyy back haha anyways I followed you!

    http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl! like ur blog!
    btw,thnx for ur comment! sure we can follow each other!
    I'm already following u,ur turn ;)

    xoxo
    http://staceyko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty expensive for a lip gloss and it wasn't even that great right?

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!