14 May 2012

My current favourite lipsticks

To start off, I'm just going to let you guys know that I'm a very big lipstick lover, I would wear a different shade every day if I could. I just can't get enough of them! But recently I've been reaching for four specific lipsticks:


(L-R) Dior Addict 249 Diorissime, Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense 38
Revlon Lip Butter 095 Creme Brûlée & Nars Pure Matte Lipstick Bangkok 


As you can tell from the photo, I love my pink lipsticks! I feel as though they suit my skin tone the best and therefore I feel the most confident when wearing them. In saying this, I do like to switch it up and wear a nice nude shade or when I'm feeling a bit wild I'll break out my red lippies (I like my Revlon Lip Butter 035 Candy Apple & Revlon Super Lustrous 006 Really Red). All these lipsticks are beautiful and very moisturising for my lips. Although, I do admit, some of my Make Up For Ever lipsticks and my Nars Bangkok lipstick are a bit more on the dry side, so I always have to keep a lip balm handy when using them. So here's what they look like when swatched:


(T-B) Creme Brûlée, Bangkok, 38 &Diorissime
(No flash)
(Flash)

I do find Diorissime to be a little sheer, but it looks so beautiful on especially with that slight shimmer. I think if I was looking for the perfect everyday shade for my lips I would choose the Nars' Bangkok because it's a lovely subtle colour and it is matte. I'm looking forward to expanding my lipstick collection in the next few weeks, even though I shouldn't! I just can't help it haha! What are your current favourite lippies? 

xo

22 comments :

  1. oooh loving all the pinks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always swatch Diorissime when I'm at Sephora and have the thought of buying it, but I have a hard time pulling the trigger on getting a lipstick over $30...unless dreaming about it keeps me up at night!

    On that note, my favorite lipsticks are YSL Rouge Volupte in Opera Rose (I definitely couldn't get it out of my head for a good month before I bought it!!) and MAC Blossom Culture <3

    I love pink lippies too!

    xo Courtney from Strawberree Swing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lispticks! <3 hehe I still need to try the Dior Addict line tho.. :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colours. The shades are right up my alley!
    My current favourite lippies are definitely the Revlon lip butters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and very inspiring blog! Please check my blog too, maybe we can be followers

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love lip butters! the colors you have are great :)


    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by sweetie, I am your newest follower:) Would love if you followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the swatches!!! Also, I'm really glad to have found your blog. I enjoy reading your blog posts and look forward to reading more of your future posts. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me. Thank you so much in advance. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a good pink lip. Will definitely have to try some of these out!
    xL

    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, love your blog would love to see you following me at http://cincity26.blogspot.com/ Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the colour of NARS bangkok!

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dior lippy looks gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm going to have to start trying some other brands besides my normal now! I really want to try the Nars actually, even if it is a bit on the dry side. I use their glosses (which are also a bit dry to glosses) and love the colors!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the Make up forever lipstick is such a pretty colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The second from the bottom is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diorissime is my favourite that you have swatched! :)
    Lovely blog!

    Amy x
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the look of the NARS lipstick. It looks really think though. Do you think it's worth the money?
    http://j-jae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. whoaaa.. I love all the colour.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colour of NARS bangkok!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!